James Walson’s passion for advocacy began at an early age through watching his father, Pete, serve as a City Commissioner in Stuart, Florida and continued through high school and college as an award-winning debater. Today, Jamie, as he is called by clients and friends, is a real estate lawyer representing title insurance companies, commercial landlords, property owners, buyers and lenders throughout Florida – in both transactional and litigation matters. He has negotiated commercial leases, purchase and sale agreements for retail space, office buildings and medical offices.
Many clients turn to Jamie for his real property litigation experience as well. He has litigated matters involving contracts, title insurance liability, commercial landlord / tenant matters, easements, fraud, deed warranties, boundary disputes, adverse possession, lien priority and access rights. In addition, he has conducted appeals before the Second District Court of Appeal and the Fifth District Court of Appeal.
A fan of – and participant in – improvisational theater, Jamie counts on his humor in navigating difficult negotiations and litigation. He is an avid golfer, is on the board of the First Tee of Central Florida, and is a father to three boys.
- Represented a national title insurer and obtained summary final judgment on a $7-million-dollar claim brought by a developer of a nudist colony.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the sale / leaseback of a national portfolio of properties.
- Represented a property owner in establishing superior title to waterfront property.
- Negotiated office leases in the Central Florida market.
- Represented a national retailer in enforcing its co-tenancy provisions against its landlord.
- Represented a national retailer against claims that it was violating exclusive use provisions of a lease agreement.
- Represented a national title insurance company against claims of tort liability beyond the terms of the title insurance contract.
- Evicted commercial tenants on behalf of a property owner throughout the State of Florida.
- Evicted mobile home residents following change in land use of the underlying property.
- Listed in Cambridge Who’s Who
- Recognized as a “Florida Rising Star” for 2009-2018 by Florida Super Lawyers
- Recognized as a Florida Legal Elite “Up & Comer,” 2011-2015 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Selected for Best Lawyers in America 2018-2019
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida, Board of Directors
- First Tee of Central Florida, Board of Directors
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Florida Land Title Association’s Claims Prevention, Avoidance & Education Committee
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyer’s Division, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Title Insurance Litigation Committee, Chair, 2016-2017
- Orange County Bar Association
- Law Alumni Council for the University of Florida
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV