July 10, 2018
Mark E. Heimendinger will be speaking at an upcoming Strafford live webinar, “Phase-Out of LIBOR: Impact on Floating Rate Loans and Derivatives; Implementing New Reference Rates” scheduled for Tuesday, July 10, 1:00pm-2:30pm EST.
This CLE webinar will discuss various ramifications of the scheduled phase-out of LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate) at the end of 2021, and steps lenders and finance counsel should take now to assess and possibly amend existing transaction documentation and to manage new transactions. The panel will also discuss the impact on swaps and other derivatives and how to evaluate alternative rate language in ISDA documents.
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What is the timeline for LIBOR’s phase-out?
- What kinds of financing transactions will be impacted by the phase-out of LIBOR?
- What are the issues with alternative rate language currently contained in loan documents?
- How should floating rate forms be revised to address the phase-out and the use of SOFR as a substitute rate?
- What should counsel look for in ISDA agreements to confirm a suitable alternative rate?