January 8, 2019
Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A., an AV-rated law firm in Downtown Orlando, has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist to process, enter, and issue payment for invoices and check requests for firm expenses, cost advances and reimbursements, working within the limits of standard practices and prescribed routines.
- Review check requests for proper information and authorizing signature. Verify that cost advance requests do not exceed authorized limit.
- Audit edit list to ensure amount, payee, account number and client or matter number are correct. Enter data into accounts payable system.
- Issue checks, matching to invoices or check requests. Obtain signatures required based on check amount and mail to proper recipient. Sort vouchers in numerical order and file paid vouchers in designated location.
- Research past due or outstanding invoices. Review vendor statements that are received and compare payments with statements. Contact vendor regarding discrepancies when necessary and track to be sure matter is settled.
- Contact client to obtain refund or credit for duplicate or overpayments.
- Inform attorney of status of client checks and follow up on any requested information.
- Copy, sort and file records of firm expenses and cash advances.
- Prepare, copy and distribute up to date vendor payment information as requested.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with successful process improvement and innovation. Individual must be proficient in Outlook and intermediate Excel skills are a plus; experience with Aderant a plus. Attention to detail is critical to be successful in this role and the ideal candidate should have professional communication skills and the ability to effectively multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
Previous experience working in a law firm or professional service organization preferred. Individual must be highly motivated and customer service oriented with excellent communication skills. Excellent work environment. For immediate consideration, provide Resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.