Quino Martinez Comments on Purchase Contracts and Force Majeure Amid COVID-19
- November 12, 2020
- / Media Coverage,Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force,Coronavirus (COVID-19) Task Force
Shareholder Quino Martinez talked to "Orlando Business Journal" about the use of force majeure clauses to try to delay or terminate closings during the pandemic.
New Treasury and IRS Regulations Bless SALT Deductions for Pass-through Entities
- November 10, 2020
- / Amanda Wilson
- / Blogs,Tax,Lowndes Taxing Times
Lowndes attorneys Amanda Wilson and Andrew Kelly discuss the approval of a workaround to the $10,000 cap on the state and local tax (SALT) deduction in President Trump’s 2017 tax law.
Lowndes Named to 2021 U.S. News - Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” List By U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- November 5, 2020
- / Press Releases,Land Use,Administrative & Regulatory,Appellate Law,Banking & Finance,Commercial Litigation,Construction,Corporate & Securities,Environmental Law,Hospitality & Leisure,Litigation & Trial Practice,Intellectual Property Litigation,Real Estate,Tax,Wills & Trusts,Private Wealth Services,Copyrights,Mergers,Healthcare,Labor & Employment Law,Trademarks/Service Marks,Capital Markets & Technology
Lowndes is pleased to announce the firm has once again been recognized as one of the country’s leading firms in the 2021 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms,” which is a collaboration between U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers.
California Would Like a Word with Florida Man: Hands off our data, dude. [Lowndes Tech]
- November 5, 2020
- / Drew Sorrell
- / Blogs,Intellectual Property Services,Cybersecurity & eDiscovery,Lowndes Tech
Lowndes attorney Drew Sorrell discusses how the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 will have a major impact on data collection and ad targeting, even for companies in Florida.
Drew Sorrell a Presenter for OCBA Webinar on Pandemic Planning: What to Expect
- November 4, 2020
- / Events & Presentations,Events and Presentations,Litigation & Trial Practice
Shareholder Drew Sorrell was panelist for the “Pandemic Planning: What to Expect" webinar presented by the OCBA Business Law Committee on November 4, 2020.
Lowndes Advises Mineral Development Holdings, LLC on $90-million Municipal Bond Financing for Secondary Phosphate Tailings Recovery Project
- November 3, 2020
- / Press Releases,Banking & Finance,Corporate & Securities,Real Estate
Lowndes represented Mineral Development Holdings, LLC with the issuance by the Polk County Industrial Development Authority of $90 million in Industrial Development Revenue Bonds (Mineral Development, LLC Secondary Phosphate Tailings Recovery Project)
Special Edition: Contested Elections: Looking Back at 2000 Amid 2020 [Lowndes Legal Talk]
- November 2, 2020
- / Terry Young & Greg McNeill
- / Podcasts,Lowndes Legal Talk
In this special election edition of Lowndes Legal Talk, Lowndes attorneys Terry Young and Greg McNeill share how they successfully defended the Seminole County Supervisor of Elections in the aftermath of the controversial 2000 presidential election
Tara Tedrow Recognized Among The Florida Hemp Council Women in Florida Cannabis
- November 2, 2020
- / Events and Presentations,Events & Presentations,Cannabis & Controlled Substances
Shareholder Tara Tedrow was recognized by The Florida Hemp Council for being a leader in the cannabis industry in Florida.
Community Connections: Attorney Drew Sorrell Discusses His Special Connection with the Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center
- October 30, 2020
- / News
Drew Sorrell, a shareholder at Lowndes and chair of the firm’s Cybersecurity, Privacy & eDiscovery Group, currently serves as chair-elect of the Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center (ADRC) Board of Directors. In recognition of National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month
Florida Fair Housing Act Amendment Removes Requirement to Register and Renew “55 and Over” Communities
- October 29, 2020
- / Daniel McIntosh & Emmett Egger
- / Articles,Senior Housing,Real Estate,Real Estate Development
The Florida Legislature recently amended the Florida Fair Housing Act by removing regulatory requirements imposed on age-restricted communities.