OCPS School Impact Fee Advisory Committee Makes Final Recommendations
- August 24, 2020
- / Tara Tedrow & McGregor Love
- / Articles,Real Estate
On August 14, 2020, the Orange County Public Schools School Impact Fee Advisory Committee held its final meeting. The committee, which first convened in October 2018, was tasked with making recommendations to OCPS and the county on potential adjustments to school impact fees
Florida Restaurant Employees and COVID-19: CDC Guidelines Replace Retesting
- August 21, 2020
- / Drew Sorrell
- / Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force,Articles,Hospitality & Leisure
On August 6, 2020, Governor DeSantis’s Executive Order 20-192 removed the requirement for restaurant employees who tested positive for COVID-19 to test negative twice before returning to work.
Best Lawyers Recognizes 44 Lowndes Attorneys in 2021, Two Named Lawyer of the Year
- August 20, 2020
- / Press Releases,Real Estate,Hospitality & Leisure,Banking & Financial Services,Litigation & Trial Practice,Administrative & Regulatory,Environmental Law,Land Use,Private Wealth Services,Construction,Intellectual Property Services,Healthcare,Tax,Bankruptcy & Restructuring,Appellate Law,Commercial Litigation
Lowndes is pleased to announced that Best Lawyers named 41 attorneys to its list of The Best Lawyers in America® 2021. Three attorneys were named “Ones to Watch, with two attorneys awarded “Lawyer of the Year."
Balancing Care and Protection Against Quality of Life [Gray Area of the Law]
- August 20, 2020
- / Shawn Rader
- / Blogs,Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force,Gray Area of the Law
Early in the pandemic, 40% of deaths were residents or staff members of long term care facilities. As a result, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ordered a ban on outsiders, a policy adopted by most ALFs.
Lowndes Advises Atlanta-based Seefried Industrial Properties in a Deal With Amazon
- August 18, 2020
- / Press Releases,Real Estate
Lowndes provided zoning and land use services to Atlanta-based Seefried Industrial Properties in its role in developing a new last-mile fulfillment center for Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc. in Apopka, Fla.
Is Your Webinar ADA Compliant?
- August 17, 2020
- / Drew Sorrell & Andrew Kelly
- / Articles,Technology
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses are relying on webinars as a tool to both stay in touch with clients and continue marketing efforts while practicing social distancing.
Brendan Lynch Comments on Property Taxes in Palm Beach County
- August 13, 2020
- / Media Coverage,Arts & Cultural Institutions
Shareholder Brendan Lynch discussed property taxes with Mansion Global, addressing a reader's question about whether property taxes are supposed to decrease next year.
2020 TRIM Notices: What to Expect for Your Property Valuation
- August 11, 2020
- / Brendan Lynch
- / Land Use,Real Estate,Articles
In August, property appraisers from all 67 Florida counties will mail Truth in Millage (TRIM) notices to property owners around the state,indicating the 2020 valuation for each property. If not already received, these notices will be waiting in your mailbox shortly.
Appellate Court Reconsiders Decision in Disney Property Tax Appeal
- August 11, 2020
- / Brendan Lynch & Jennifer Dixon
- / Articles,Property Taxes,Real Estate,Hotels & Resorts
On Friday, the Fifth District Court of Appeal issued a revised opinion in a closely-followed case, Singh vs. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, a property tax appeal involving the 2015 assessment of Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club property.
SBA Issues New FAQs Regarding PPP Loan Forgiveness
- August 10, 2020
- / Mark Heimendinger, Ferran Arimon & Nicole Cuccaro
- / Articles,Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force
The SBA issued 23 new FAQs as it begins accepting forgiveness applications on August 10.