Orange County Shelter-In-Place Order Amended on March 26
- March 27, 2020
- / Tara Tedrow, Rebecca Wilson & McGregor Love
- / Articles,Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force
UPDATE: On March 26, 2020, Orange County issued Emergency Executive Order No. 2020-05, an amendment to the order. Under the amended order, non-essential businesses may remain open, “to the extent necessary to perform minimum basic operations, meaning minimum activities necessary to maintain the value of inventory, preserve physical plant and equipment condition, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, communicate with vendors and patrons, and facilitate employees working remotely.”
Also included in the changes were additions to the list of essential businesses, which now includes:
- Auto and motorcycle dealerships;
- Pet boarding facilities;
- Real estate agencies and realtors;
- Insurance agencies;
- Bicycle shops and bicycle repair;
- Marine dealers and marina repair and supply facilities;
- Golf courses; and
- Funeral homes, cemeteries, and crematoriums;
For a full list of the changes, consult the amended order. For any questions on this order, the attorneys at Lowndes are available to help.
For up-to-date news please follow our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Team page.