Tax Issues in Transferring LLC and Partnership Interests: Navigating the Complex IRS Rules for Buying, Selling or Redeeming Partnership Interests
- October 25, 2018
- / Author Name
- / Tax,Events and Presentations
1:00pm - 2:30pm
Amanda Wilson, a shareholder and member of the firm's Tax Group, will participate on a panel for a CLE/CPE webinar sponsored by Strafford which will provide tax counsel and advisers with an overview of the tax rules that apply to the sale or transfer of an LLC or partnership interest. The panel will discuss common pitfalls and uncertainties in the tax code and outline best practices to structure transactions.
The panel will review these and other priority issues:
- What are the different tax consequences in choosing between a sale or redemption of a departing partner’s interest?
- Will a sale or redemption of other partners create a taxable event to the remaining owners?
- How is the character of gain or loss determined upon a transfer?
- What are the holding period and basis rules for transfers of partial interests?
- What is the impact of the Net Investment Income Tax?
For more information and to register, click here.