Lowndes is seeking a Revenue Coordinator to perform duties to administer the collection of the firm’s delinquent accounts receivable, ensuring compliance with defined processes, within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage numerous assigned accounts to determine which accounts are delinquent and require collections efforts.
- Research client payment history and financial situation using firm records and other sources as available. Contact clients regarding outstanding balances, acting as liaison between attorney and client. Generate reports detailing the delinquency for the attorney and/or client. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies claimed by the client.
- Negotiate acceptable payment plans with client when appropriate to resolve delinquencies.
- On a quarterly basis perform a review of Client Trust accounts with aged balances and contact the Billing Attorney to inquire as to when the matter will be concluded. Prepare and provide a summary report to the COO and the Director of Finance related to your findings and conclusions.
- Create, update and maintain periodic database reports and spreadsheets to track cash receipts, collections, accounts receivable and work in process, as requested by attorneys, clients and supervisors.
- As a member of the Billing & Accounts Receivable Committee you will report on collection progress and discuss problem accounts at Committee meetings.
- Make suggestions for improving collections methods, processes and reporting.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ensure urgent client issues are resolved in the most timely and effective manner possible.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks or projects with changing priorities.
- Effective time management skills and in the prioritization of tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional acumen, especially in written and verbal communications with clients and attorneys.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Perform other related duties including being the backup for cash applications as assigned.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of collections and account reconciliation experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced user of Excel. Experience with Aderant is a plus.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com.