Crystal Espinosa Buit devotes her practice to providing skilled and supportive legal representation for clients going through complicated and often highly emotional family law matters, including divorce, child support, child custody, alimony and family law litigation. She also has significant experience negotiating and drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for couples seeking financial protection and peace of mind. Her clients include high-net-worth individuals, business executives, doctors, lawyers, professional athletes and other prominent professionals, as well as the spouses of such individuals.
A strong and compassionate advocate, Crystal knows every family is unique and no two cases are the same. She works tirelessly to find creative solutions that minimize conflict and suit each client’s best interests and individual needs. A wife and mother of two, Crystal also understands the difficult decisions her clients face, and she works closely with them to keep them informed and supported as they navigate uncharted territory and make important choices for themselves and their children.
With her training and experience in collaborative family law, Crystal believes that most couples and families can benefit from avoiding lengthy courtroom battles by resolving conflicts regarding issues like shared parenting time, child and spousal support, and property division through alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation, arbitration, and collaborative law. When litigation cannot be avoided, she and the firm’s other family law attorneys will zealously represent you and your interests in the courtroom.
An Orlando native, Crystal is an ardent supporter of her undergraduate alma mater, the University of Central Florida. She currently serves on its Alumni Association Board of Directors and was honored with the UCF Jefferson Award for Constituent Chapter Volunteer of the Year in recognition of her generosity and service to the university. Previously recognized by Florida Super Lawyers as a “Florida Rising Star,” Crystal graduated magna cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While in law school, she was a member of the Florida Law Review and earned five Books Awards, including Interviewing & Counseling; Negotiation; and Family and Public Policy.
Representative Client Experience
- Recognized as a "Florida Rising Stars" 2019 by Florida Super Lawyers
- Order of the Coif, University of Florida Chapter
- The Florida Law Review
- Book Awards in Family & Public Policy, Negotiation, Interviewing & Counseling, Advance Legal Research, and Criminal Law
- Teaching Assistant for Trial Practice, Legal Research & Writing, and Appellate Advocacy
- Legal Extern, United States Attorney's Office, Middle District of Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Speaker on behalf of Newly Admitted Lawyers, Ceremony for Induction of Candidates for Admission to The Florida Bar, The Fifth District Court of Appeals, October 5, 2009
- 2015 Jefferson Award by UCF Alumni Association
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- The Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Family Law American Inn of Court
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators (AACFL) Orlando Chapter, Founding Member
- UCF Alumni Association Nicholson School of Communication Chapter, Chair, 2016-2017
- UCF Alumni Association Nicholson School of Communication Chapter, Vice Chair, 2015-2016
- UCF Alumni Association Community Volunteers Chapter, Chair, 2014-2015
- UCF Alumni Association Scholarship Committee, 2012-Present
- UCF Alumni Association Community Volunteers Chapter, Board member and Jefferson Awards/Events Chair, 2013-14
- Orlando Young Professionals Leadership Development Group, Executive Board member and Communications Chair, 2011 and 2012
- UCF Young Alumni Chapter, Executive Board member and Professional Chair 2010-2011
- University of Central Florida President's Leadership Council, 2005-2006
Appointments & Elected Positions