Getting the deal done requires flexibility, creativity, and efficiency. Clients and colleagues alike turn to Mark Heimendinger for his years of debt and equity finance experience, particularly in the commercial real estate and other asset-based arenas.
A seasoned pro who has seen the risks and iterations associated with both sides of a deal and all aspects of the capital stack, Mark understands that many contentious legal issues often mask a business concern – one that he likely has faced before. Even with the most complex and challenging negotiations, he is pragmatic, and focused on the client’s commercial goals.
Mark’s clients include issuers, borrowers, lenders, and underwriters. He has negotiated and executed a variety of transaction structures, including term and revolving credit facilities, public bond financings, public and private securitization transactions (including CMBS), mezzanine financing, equipment financing, 144A and Reg. D offerings, repo agreements, syndications, currency and interest rate cap and swap transactions, underwriting agreements, intercreditor agreements, joint ventures, and jurisdiction-specific non-recourse structures. Within the real estate space, Mark has covered multiple asset classes, including hotels and leisure facilities, office towers, senior living facilities, and multi-family residential buildings.
In addition to his Florida practice, Mark has years of both domestic and overseas “AmLaw 100” experience and has completed numerous cross-border transactions, mostly in the Asia Pacific region and in Europe.
Representative Client Experience
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- The Florida Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Previously registered in Japan as a foreign lawyer (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi)
- PPP CARES Act Loans – What You Need to Know About the Latest Changes, Loan Forgiveness and What’s Coming Next; Lowndes, July 29, 2020
- The Payment Protection Program: How to Make Sure Yours is Forgiven; Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association, July 17, 2020
- The Payment Protection Program: What Hotel Owners, Business Owners & Operators Need to Know Webinar; Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association, April 27, 2020
Appointments & Elected Positions