For more than 30 years, Aaron’s law practice has centered around large and complex commercial, residential and mixed use real estate projects throughout Central Florida. He is often involved in site selection and due diligence, and is lead counsel in the procurement of Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs), transit-oriented development, comprehensive plan designations, zonings and other governmental approvals and entitlements. He also formulates public/private partnerships, and takes a lead role in the development, financing and leasing of projects.
Under Aaron’s leadership, the firm’s Land Use, Zoning & Environmental Group was involved in many of the most recognizable public-private partnership projects in Central Florida, including the Amway Center, the CNL Center at City Commons, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and the Orlando Citrus Bowl, to name a few.
Most often, he finds himself in the role of an all-around trusted advisor to some of Central Florida’s largest developers and philanthropists. “It’s a role that I am completely comfortable with,” says Aaron. “I have always been committed to the success and development of my clients,” he continues, “putting their agendas before my own. I try to do more listening than talking, so that I know what issues and concerns keep them awake at night.” It is that allegiance to his clients that has contributed to Aaron’s numerous recognitions — and the foundation for the relationships he has developed. “I believe that my clients’ trust extends beyond doing good work,” Aaron explains. “It is a deeper, broader trust that is based on both professional competence and personal relationships, and I am forever grateful for that trust.”
Chambers USA (2017)* reports that Aaron impresses with his handling of a broad range of transactional real estate matters. He recently advised home builder Park Square Enterprises on the $59 million acquisition, and subsequent financing, of 16 vacant sites intended for residential development.
*We make no guarantees or promises that the reader will realize the same or similar results
In addition to his busy law practice, Aaron is deeply involved in his community. As the former Chair of the Central Florida Partnership (CFP), he traveled to Washington D.C. with other CFP regional leaders last year to help advance Central Florida’s growing industries: hospitality, travel and tourism, research funding, and entrepreneurship. As a member of CFP’s Core Strategy Group, he spent countless hours working side-by-side with community leaders to bring SunRail to Central Florida. Along with chairing the CFP’s Transportation Task Force, Aaron chaired many of the CFP’s committees addressing other key regional issues, including capital, homelessness, and water, among others. Currently he also serves on the Board of Directors for the Community Foundation of Central Florida, on the Executive Committee of the Jewish National Fund, and on the American Diabetes Association’s Father’s Day Council.
Aaron has received numerous awards and accolades for his contributions to the community, both in business and for his charitable work. He is always raising his hand in service with quiet strength and unwavering commitment.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Listed as Orange County Leader, Florida Trend, 2013
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2005-2019
- “Florida Legal Elite” 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015 Florida Trend Magazine
- “Florida’s Top Lawyers” Florida Monthly Magazine
- Listed in Legal 500 US as Leading Attorney in Real Estate and Construction: Land Use/Zoning
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers 2009-2018
- Tree of Life Award, Jewish National Fund
- Father of the Year 2011, American Diabetes Association
- Most Influential Businessman in Central Florida, Legal Industry, Orlando Business Journal
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers 2015-2017
- Listed in 2016 Legal 500 US as Recommended Attorney in Real Estate and Construction: Land Use/Zoning
- Central Florida Partnership, Board of Directors, President
- Central Florida Foundation, Board of Directors
- Meritas, International Board of Directors
- Jewish National Fund, Executive Committee
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Urban Land Institute