Ahmad is a connector and a closer. He listens carefully to understand his clients and their endeavors, and then thinks creatively to provide clients with comprehensive legal services and passionate representation for what they want, but also, for what clients need to be successful beyond measure. Ahmad focuses on intellectual property and commercial litigation, and also has experience with real estate matters. His diverse education, in neurobiology (with a minor in business management) and legal jurisprudence, allows him to understand complex information quickly and streamline voluminous information into digestible, concise summations to effectively advocate on behalf of clients. Ahmad treats every client’s matter with the same care he would take for his own personal matters. He works efficiently to get to the core of an issue by excising superfluous information while meticulously scrutinizing nuanced details.
Ahmad’s litigation experience in both federal and state courts includes representing clients in the following types of disputes: patent invalidation, copyright, trademark, IP license, royalty agreement, lease agreement (local counsel), franchisor/franchisee, privacy, personal injury, international and out of state judgment domestication, fraud (concealment, misrepresentation, etc.), aviation, breach of fiduciary duty/civil theft, real property, limited liability company operations, probate and estate, and employment. Ahmad also has experience arbitrating disputes regarding computer software and aviation.
Although Ahmad represents clients with the full force of the law in litigation and arbitration, he believes in avoiding the unnecessary expense of prolonged disputes by mediating and using pre-litigation strategies to resolve conflicts to the extent possible. Ahmad’s pre-litigation experience includes matters regarding trademark and patent infringement, dispute of property ownership, and misappropriation of non-profit funds. With the powerful Lowndes Law team behind him, Ahmad has enjoyed plentiful success including reaching highly favorable settlements for clients such as obtaining a settlement of 95 % of the initial demand to the tune of approximately four hundred thousand dollars without having to proceed to the unpredictability of a final verdict.
Ahmad also has experience working with significant corporate clients on multifaceted transactions with capital exceeding one hundred million dollars at stake. His transactional experience includes: contract analysis, drafting and negotiation (vendor agreements, settlement agreements, leases, easements, license agreements, etc.), real estate due diligence (title & survey), sale of a business, and patent drafting (with a licensed agent).
Ahmad’s diverse educational and legal experiences enable him to holistically advise clients and anticipate matters they may not otherwise foresee. He remains committed to learning about the latest technologies and has moderated a Blockchain Basics panel. Ahmad provides legal counsel in the context of clients’ business needs and believes there is always a way to reach a desired outcome with persistence and creativity.
- Foundation for Foster Children, Board Member
- Program Committee Chair
- Educational Task Force
- Strategic Planning Committee
- American Muslim Chamber of Commerce of Orlando (AMC), Board Member
- Chief Communications Officer
- Orlando Economic Partnership
- Inns of Court, Orlando Chapter
- Constitutional Commission Community Presentation of League of Women Voters
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee Chair
- Great Oaks Village (Group Home) Field Day Committee Co-Chair
- Legal Aid Pro Bono Attorney
RECOGNITION & EDUCATION
- Ones to Watch in Intellectual Property Award, 2017
- Emory University School of Law
- Moffett Litigation Award Winner
- Dean’s Award, Child Welfare Law and Policy
- Order of Emory Advocates
- Youth Villages Mentor
- Black Law Students Association
- Emory Law Trial Team
- Member, Intellectual Property Society and Sports and Entertainment Society
- President, Universities Allied for Essential Medicines and Graduate Muslim Student Council
- Stony Brook University
- Dean’s List, seven of eight semesters; Presidential Scholar
- Member, International Golden Key Honor Society and Sigma Beta Honor Society
- Campus-wide Residential Advisor Social Program of the Year Award, 2009
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Sections
- Brevard County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section and Judicial Relations Committee