Alex is a corporate and intellectual property attorney based in the firm’s Space Coast office in Melbourne, FL. Alex is an experienced business lawyer, serving as a trusted adviser to clients in a variety of industries through all stages of the business cycle. In her corporate practice, Alex assists clients with corporate and commercial transactions, including business formations, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, vendor and supplier contracts, customer contracts, such as terms and conditions, privacy policies, and end-user license agreements for software and mobile apps. Alex’s intellectual property practice focuses on IP protection and acquisitions strategies, trademark and copyright prosecution, proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), trademark availability searching, IP licensing and IP purchase and sale transactions.
Alex works with clients on corporate and IP issues in all industries but she has specific experience working in the technology, media, and telecom (TMT) sector. She represents government contractors, aerospace and aviation companies, multi-media production companies, e-commerce websites, and technology providers, including managed IT service providers and providers in the evolving telemedicine and communications fields. In the communications industry, she assists cloud communications and VoIP providers in understanding the complexities of FCC and state regulatory registration and reporting requirements, CPNI privacy compliance, CALEA, as well as communications taxes, regulatory fees and universal service contribution requirements. She helps telemedicine companies in complying with HIPAA, scope of practice, and federal and state self-referral, anti-kickback and fee-splitting regulations.
Alex spent the first part of her career working as Associate General Counsel to a global satellite communications enterprise in the land, maritime, and aeronautical markets, both private and government sector. Prior to joining the firm, Alex ran her own law firm, serving as outsourced general counsel to business clients.
Alex is a frequent writer for the firm’s Lowndes Tech blog and other business publications, and regularly speaks about IP, corporate, and technology matters.
- Stetson University College of Law
- Stetson Law Review, Articles & Symposia Editor
- Legal Research & Writing Teaching Assistant
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable David A. Demers, Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- St. Pete Times Award for Best Stetson Law Review Write-On Competition Paper
- Elizabeth M. Leeman Award for Best Stetson Law Review Student Work
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- Leadership Development Certificate
- Mock Trial Shadow Team Member
- Richard A. Harrison Endowment Scholarship Recipient
- Florida State University
- Graduated Top 3%
- President’s List/Dean’s List all semesters
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS
- Founders Forum, Secretary and Director
- Plastic Poachers, Director
- Florida Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers, President-Elect