As a shareholder, Drew Sorrell’s practice is focused on complex commercial issues. His practice includes technology, intellectual property, technology insurance coverage as well as litigation related to those areas.
Drew is the chair of the firm’s multi-discipline Privacy, Cybersecurity & eDiscovery Group. He is a frequent speaker and writer on legal and ethical issues arising from technology including breach, privacy, data governance, and technology contract drafting.
Drew has argued to the United States Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit, at the federal level, and the Fifth District Court of Appeal at the state level. He is admitted to United States Supreme Court Bar, as well as the Florida, New York and District of Columbia Bars. Drew is admitted to practice before all federal district courts in Florida as well as the Southern District of New York.
Previously, Drew practiced in New York City with a large international firm. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk to Senior United States District Judge John H. Moore II, in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- George Washington University Law School Law Review
- Former Law Clerk to Senior United States District Judge John H. Moore II
- Named 2015 E-Discovery Attorney of the Year in Florida by the Global Law Experts
- Orlando Aero Club, past member and past member of the Board of Directors
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- The Sedona Conference, Steering Committee member of Working Group 11 (data security and privacy), Founding Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association Section of Science and Technology, Member
- American Bar Association e-discovery and Digital Evidence Committee, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Orlando Chapter, Past President
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Ethics Board, Chair
- First Central Florida Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Barrister Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Law Committee, Past Chair
- Orange County Bar Association, Technology Committee, Past Co-Chair
- The Florida Bar Association, Grievance Committee Group “D”, Past Chair
- 2008-2009 Meritas Leadership Institute
- Graduate Leadership Winter Park
- Graduate Leadership Osceola
- Meritas, Finance Committee, Past Member