Jill works in the firm’s Labor and Employment Law Group. She represents and advises companies with respect to all human resources and employment law issues, including worker classification, wage and hour matters, discrimination and harassment claims, business restructuring, and employment policy development and application. Jill regularly represents employers in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies in defending against claims involving allegations of employment discrimination and violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII, the Florida Civil Rights Act, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and other employment laws, and she handles all aspects of pre-suit negotiation and litigation.
Jill advises clients regarding employment contracts, including non-competition, confidentiality and trade secret agreements, and handles litigation involving breach of employment contracts and enforcement of non-competes and non-solicitation agreements. In addition, Jill has experience representing employers in Department of Labor and Department of Revenue audits.
Jill frequently drafts employee handbooks and policies, employment agreements, non-competition agreements, and separation agreements, and regularly counsels clients regarding workplace issues and compliance with the FMLA, FLSA, WARN Act, the Affordable Care Act, and other employment laws. She has experience assisting clients with internal investigations of employment-related issues and complaints, internal FLSA compliance audits, and changes in employment policies.
Active in local and statewide organizations, Jill dedicates much of her time to community service. From 2018-2019, she served as the President of the Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association (OCBA), an 800+ member organization, which was recognized as the 2018 Large Affiliate of the Year by the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division for its achievements in member services and community outreach. On behalf of the Young Lawyers Section, Jill also accepted the Florida Supreme Court Voluntary Bar Association Pro Bono Award, which was awarded in recognition of the Young Lawyers Section’s Wills for Heroes event. She currently serves as Co-Chair of the OCBA Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Immediate Past President and Board Member of the OCBA Young Lawyers Section. She is a member of the Florida Bar Leadership Academy Committee and the Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee. Jill also serves on the Ninth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Panel.
- Recognized as a “Florida Rising Stars” 2012-2019 by Florida Super Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association, Presidential Leadership Award
- 2018 Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Affiliate Outreach Conference, Best Grant Presentation
- 2019 Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Affiliate Outreach Conference, Best Grant Presentation
- Orange County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Immediate Past President/Board Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, President, 2018-2019
- Orange County Bar Association, Executive Council
- Former Board Member and Governance Chair, Mustard Seed of Central Florida
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Panel
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy Committee
- Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee
- Graduate of Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class V
- Federal Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Committee