Jonathan is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Group, primarily focusing on complex litigation, civil litigation, commercial litigation, business litigation, landlord/tenant matters and title insurance matters. His experience includes drafting pleadings, motions, appellate briefs, legal memoranda, discovery requests, and responses to discovery requests, as well as conducting hearings. He has attended several depositions and mediations, and has worked on matters both in federal and state court.
In addition, Jonathan has experience with real estate matters, such as drafting leases and tenant estoppels, as well as work in land use law, such as appealing an unfavorable ruling by a special magistrate or city commission and researching municipal ordinance codes. He has represented clients before several state agencies.
While in law school, Jonathan worked for a U.S. District Court judge seated on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia; the minority leader of the Georgia House of Representatives; a mid-size Atlanta law firm; in-house counsel at a fortune 500 company; and in-house counsel with a fortune 50 company.
- Emory University School of Law
- Emory Law Journal, Managing Editor
- Corporate & Business Law Society
- Real Estate Law Society
- Bankruptcy Law Society
- University of Kentucky
- Phi Beta Kappa (national honor society)
- Governor’s Scholar
- Presidential Scholarship (full-tuition scholarship)
- Dean’s List (all eight semesters)
- English Department Honors Graduate
- Mock Trial, Prosecutor and Expert Witness
- UK French Club
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association