A Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, Morey works in the firm’s Labor & Employment Group. Over the past 35 years, Morey has represented management of both large and small employers. He has successfully litigated cases in state and federal courts and represented clients in administrative proceedings involving the EEOC, DOL and FCHR. Morey also serves as an advisor to his clients, counseling them on virtually any workplace issue they may confront.
Morey develops non-compete and employment agreements, personnel policies, employment application forms, employee handbooks, and counsels clients on wage and hour, discrimination, WARN Act planning and union avoidance strategies. He litigates these same issues in state and federal courts or in administrative proceedings before the EEOC, U.S. Department of Labor or the Florida Commission on Human Relations.
Morey began practicing law in Las Vegas, Nevada, before moving to Orlando in 1984. In 1986, he accepted an in-house opportunity with a diversified publisher, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, eventually becoming Lead Labor and Employment Counsel and Administrative Vice President of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Sea World. In 1990, Morey returned to private practice and has served in a myriad of roles, including chairing the Labor and Employment Law Group at Lowndes for 22 years.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Named in the 2005-2006 edition of Who’s Who in American Law
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2008-2010
- Orlando’s Best Lawyers 2008-2010 Orlando Magazine
- Named “Top Lawyer” in the 2008 Annual Guides to Labor & Employment Law published by Corporate Counsel magazine
- Listed in 2009-2010 Florida Super Lawyers
- Lake Highland Preparatory School
- Central Florida Human Resources Society
- Leadership Orlando Alumni
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Society of Human Resources Managers
- American Employment Law Council