Susanne has led the business development and marketing team at Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed since 2009. Collaboration, innovation and leadership are the hallmarks of Susanne’s tenure. She and her team serve as role models for the firm’s lawyers as they work together to deliver outstanding service to clients.
Susanne’s marketing career began in consumer products and B2B marketing, shifting to law firm marketing in its infancy. During the first 15 years of her law firm experience, she served as the head of marketing for large, multi-office firms and quickly earned a reputation for innovative, strategic initiatives. A dozen years later she launched her own consulting firm and simultaneously joined MarketForce, a division of Hildebrandt International, as an adjunct consultant, working with firms and budgets of all sizes. After relocating to Florida, Susanne returned to the corporate and not-for-profit arenas for several years before bringing refreshed perspectives back to law firm marketing.
Long active in the Legal Marketing Association (LMA), Susanne co-founded the organization’s Metropolitan New York chapter and served as its Treasurer and President. She led the “Boot Camp” training program for a number of years at LMA’s Annual Conference, co-chaired the 1997 Annual Conference, and served on the 2012 and 2013 Annual Conference Advisory Boards. She is a frequent public speaker on leadership, team motivation and management, and a variety of business development topics.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Legal Marketing Association (LMA), 1988 to present
- Currently member, LMASE (Southeast Region), 2009 to present
- Previously founding member (1992), Treasurer (1993) and President (1994) of LMA’s Metropolitan New York Chapter
- Member, Advisory Committee, 2012 and 2013 Annual Conferences
- Member, Education Committee/Quickstart Subcommittee, 2011
- Chair, 1997 Annual International Conference
- Awarded LMASE 2011 “Your Honor Award” in social media category (runner up)