The firm represents a broad range of entertainment and sports clients. These specialized interests benefit from the extensive business experience of our various practice groups.
The representation of our sports clients includes a broad range of commercial transactions and legal issues.
We have been involved in the preparation of executive employment agreements, negotiation of player and coaching contracts, arbitration of disputed contract issues, negotiation and preparation of sports arena use agreements, negotiation of network and Cobb Television agreements, luxury box lease and license agreements, college football bowl agreements with athletic conferences, representation in general labor matters, trademark licensing and related matters, negotiation and preparation of sponsorship and advertising agreements, advice regarding federal, state, and local taxes, preparation of contracts related to ticketing operations and negotiation, preparation of television and radio broadcast agreements and endorsement and autograph agreements. Our team of experienced litigators also has handled numerous litigation matters involving sports teams, entertainers, facilities, sponsors and broadcasts, each involving a wide range of sports law issues.
We also have significant experience in the representation of athletes and entertainers for their personal and family legal needs, including financial planning, asset protection, personal injury, commercial and business endeavors, real estate transactions, estate planning, family and marital law, and charitable foundation relationships.
Some of the areas in which we provide counsel include:
- Player contracts from negotiation through agreement completion
- Appearance and endorsement contract negotiation including corporate appearances, memorabilia and television broadcasts
- Grievance settlement dealing with injuries and other issues
- Club and commissioner discipline management
- Worker Compensation claims
- Collection management of disability/career-ending insurance proceeds
- Federal, international and state tax
- Profit sharing and other financial guidance to minimize tax liability
- Charitable foundation/relationship development
- Broad team of experienced litigators and business lawyers
- Counsel and management of business endeavors, real estate transactions and other major purchases
- Estate planning, wills and trusts
- Family and marital law
- Personal injury/Wrongful death
- Athletic Management
- Financial Planning
- Post-Career Counseling