Lowndes patent attorneys, registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), provide experience-based pragmatic counsel to our clients, helping them develop cost-effective strategies for the protection of invention rights. Our attorneys file, prosecute, and enforce patent applications, and issue patents, in the U.S. and globally. We assist clients in all aspects of the invention protection process, including, but not limited to:
- Working with clients and their development teams to identify potentially patentable inventions
- Counseling clients on global patent strategies
- Conducting patentability searches and preparing patentability assessments
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications in the USPTO and globally through our international network of filing agents
- Initiating and prosecuting appeals and post-grant Inter Partes Review (IPR), reissues, and reexaminations before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Monitoring issued patents
- Licensing patents, technology, and know-how
- Conducting patent licensing audits
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence audits for mergers, acquisitions, valuations, and other transactions
- Monitoring competitor’s patent activities
- Formulating patent infringement and patent validity opinions and strategies
- Litigating patent infringement matters in the U.S. federal courts
- Defending claims of patent infringement
We represent a wide range of clients, including sole inventors, small start-up companies, large corporations, hospitals and universities, in a variety of industries such as marine, aerospace, defense, electronics, semiconductor, computer, software, medical, biotech, sports, optics, construction, real estate development, tourism, and e-commerce.
For more information please contact Jon Gibbs at email@example.com or Steve Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (407) 843-4600.