The aviation industry faces complexities that do not exist in other industries – not just for commercial carriers but also for other business and general aviation aircraft owners and operators for both fixed-wing and rotary wing aircraft.
The attorneys on our Aviation & Aerospace team has extensive experience dealing with various categories, classes and types of aircraft, compliance matters involving the Department of Transportation and Federal Administration and business and contract matters involving the sale, lease, installation, service and maintenance relationships of aviation products and services with aircraft manufacturers and commercial carriers.
Our team has also assisted clients bringing their products and services to market, both line-fit and after-retrofit, within the business aviation sector.
Our Aviation & Aerospace team brings vast experience in aviation supply chain management and includes:
- Negotiated, drafted and closed multiple long term product supply and service agreements with commercial carriers in North America, Europe, Australia and South America.
- Negotiated, drafted and closed and assisted with establishment and implementation of supply chain relationships for telecommunications product for business aviation sector.
- Negotiated, drafted and closed hardware and service agreements for provision of satellite based connectivity service with leading satellite services companies.
- Negotiated, drafted and closed multiple satcom hardware supply agreements, installation agreements and repair center agreements.
- Negotiated, drafted and closed various content agreements, stored and streaming, for onboard broadcast.
We also have experience in Aviation Litigation. Representative opposing parties engaged: 20th Century Fox, Airbus, BE Aerospace, Boeing, Cisco, Dassault, DirecTV, Disney, Embraer, Eutelsat, General Dynamics, General Electric, Google, Gulfstream, Harris, Hitachi, Hughes Satellite Networks, IBM, iDirect Technologies, Inmarsat, Intel, Intelsat, Iridium, KVH, Logica, NDS, Oracle, Pace, Paramount, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sapient, SES, Siemens, Technicolor, Tessco, Textron, ViaSat, Warner Brothers, and Zodiac.
The supply chain management process is particularly important in aviation as supplier services and parts not meeting requirements related to specifications, delivery times, regulatory matters or security protocols can result in significant costs, delays and AOG situations. Click here for more information on our Supply Chain Management experience.