The firm initially developed its Environmental Law practice to support its extensive Real Estate practice, mainly for wetlands, dredge and fill and surface water management permitting. Today, we represent real estate owners, developers, sellers and buyers of real estate, owners and operators of RCRA facilities, and storage tank owners and operators, as well as institutional lenders and other business enterprises, including manufacturers, high technology and aerospace companies.
We help our clients resolve environmental problems in areas such as compliance, permitting, litigation and transactions, as well as advocating changes to administrative policies and regulations. Our clients are afforded the benefit of the firm’s experience and resources in counseling and defense against lawsuits and administrative proceedings concerning all environmental issues facing business, government and nonprofit entities.
Areas in the firm’s Environmental Law practice include:
- All permitting, compliance and enforcement matters under Chs. 376 and 403, Fla. Stat., and relevant regulations
- Permitting and enforcement practice before all water management districts, including surface water management and drainage
- Permitting and enforcement practice before the FDEP
- Clean Water Act/NPDES; groundwater and surface water
- Domestic and industrial wastewater treatment and disposal permitting of treatment facilities and disposal to surface water bodies and landspreading; treated effluent disposal through reuse facilities (gray water)
- Clean Air Act (permitting and asbestos)
- UST/AST; petroleum contamination; LUSTs; reimbursement programs
- Solid waste; RCRA; hazardous waste; TSDs
- CERCLA/SARA; PRP representation
- Environmental assessments and audits; toxic tort litigation; contribution litigation
- EPCRA; community right-to-know
- OSHA; employee right-to-know; indoor air quality
- Wetlands (EPA; ACOE; FDEP; local agencies)