Goal-oriented, organized, gifted relationship-builder and connector of people. These skills, along with decades of experience in the restaurant industry, have earned Jackie the reputation of “trusted advisor” to clients.
Born and raised around her family’s commercial real estate, investment and management business in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands and later in south Florida, Jackie was exposed early on to running businesses smoothly. Her family operated restaurants for a number of years as well, and she transferred her love of all things culinary to advising clients on the operational side of the business. She helps clients, both locally and nationally, streamline their processes, develop acquisition programs and expand their portfolios.
Jackie’s experience mapping out strategies for real estate development and finance, including commercial leasing, extends beyond the hospitality industry. She has also represented clients acquiring hundred-million-dollar portfolios out of bankruptcy estates, as well as other multi-site and multi-state purchases and sales. In addition, she assists foreign entities and individuals with setting up optimal tax structures for ownership of residential and commercial property in the U.S.
Clients appreciate Jackie’s attention to detail, respect for their budgets, and commitment to getting the job done. They are also amazed by her ability to bring people together who will benefit from networking with each other. She is well connected in the Central Florida community, currently serving on the Governmental Affairs Committee of CFHLA (Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association). A frequent speaker at high-profile hospitality industry events, she is the immediate past president of CREW-Orlando (Commercial Real Estate Women) and serves on numerous other boards and committees as well.
Beyond her service to clients and community, Jackie enjoys cooking, traveling, and race car driving.
Jackie has worked with many repeat clients, including:
Carrabba’s Italian Grill
Fleming’s Prime Steak House & Wine Bar
Jeremiah’s Italian Ice
- $50M sale of 15 Wendy’s restaurants with real estate to equity capital group, with financing.
- $55M sale of 72 Burger King restaurant sites to purchaser.
- Assisted with implementing Bloomin Brands Sale Leaseback program on disposition of fee sites.
- Negotiation of new leases for six new Bloomin Brand sites.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Recognized by the Lisa Merlin House for 10 Years as a Board Member
- Concept Purveyor of the Year by Outback Steakhouse, Inc., Honored 1996, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2005-2008, 2010
- Selected for inclusion in 2007-2009, 2012-2015 Florida Super Lawyers
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2008-2019
- Listed in 2013 World’s Leading Women in Business Law
- Orlando Woman of Influence Award, CREW Orlando
- CFHLA Governmental Affairs, 2011-2019
CFHLA Allied Relations Counsil, 2018-2020
- CFHLA PAC/PC, Board of Directors, 2018-2019
- United Way Fund Distribution Panel, 1998
- United Way Alexis De Tocqueville Society, Committee Member
- Orlando/Orange County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc., Board Member, 1999-2000
- Valencia Community College, Hospitality Management Advisory Committee, 1999-present
- United Way Chef’s Gala, Co-host, 2015
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association, Governmental Affairs Committee, 2012-Present
- Central Florida Chapter of the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association, Chair of Government Affairs, 1994-2010, Delegate to State Board 2009-2010
- CREW – Commercial Real Estate Women – Orlando, 2005-Present; Board Member 2008, Secretary 2009, National Delegate, 2009-2010, President-Elect, 2010, Past President, 2011; Past Presidents Counsil, 2011-Present
- Dr. Phillips Rotary