James O’Brien represents clients in the areas of technology products and services, aerospace and aviation, satcom and telecom, consumer electronics and goods, restaurant services, food distribution, entrepreneurial business, healthcare, real estate development and construction as well as in professional businesses and associations. Jim also has significant experience in global and domestic purchasing and supply chain agreements in a variety of industries including consumer goods, technology, satcom/telecom and the aerospace and aviation sectors.
Jim’s practice focuses on business and contract issues, negotiation, transactional matters, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. Additionally, Jim represents entrepreneurial and startup businesses, and he handles entity formation and ownership agreements, commercial exploitation of proprietary concepts and products, domestic and international contracts and business transactions, corporate finance matters, contractual issues, and employment matters including non-competition and restrictive covenants.
Prior to joining the firm, Jim founded a boutique business and real estate firm in Melbourne. Before that, he spent ten years working as a business and transactional lawyer representing private and public companies in Daytona Beach and Melbourne.
- Candlelighters of Brevard, Inc. – Board Member, 1990 – present
- Presenter, Small Business Development Center, Eastern Florida State College, 1990 – present
- Space Coast United Soccer Club, Inc. – Board Member, 2016 – present
- Head Coach, Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, Girls Varsity Soccer, 2000 – 2007
- Three Lions Soccer Club, Board Member, 2000 – 2005
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, Board Member, 2000 – 2008
- Indialantic Youth Soccer Association, Board Member, 1996 – 2000
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Florida Institute of Technology, 1990 – 1996