Shareholder Brendan Lynch represents both commercial and residential property land owners, as well as tenant business owners, in issues of eminent domain/condemnation. Typically, the cases involve a governmental entity (Florida Department of Transportation, county, city, expressway authority, or other state agency) or private utility with condemnation powers seeking to take land from the property owners. Interesting to note, Brendan has also represented condemning authorities on special projects – bringing a perspective from both sides of the table.
Brendan also handles all levels of property tax appeals throughout the state of Florida, including assessment reviews, direct negotiations with county property appraisers, appeals to the Value Adjustment Board, and trial and appellate court proceedings. He represents owners of a wide array of property types, including apartment projects, big box stores, condominiums, commercial strip centers, hotels, residences, and other retail buildings. Brendan also has experience with many different types of exemption applications, including agricultural, conservation easements, healthcare, homestead, military housing, non-profit, religious, and senior living. These exemptions and classifications are handled from the application stage, through challenges to denial of any exemption, through trial and appellate court proceedings.
A Virginia native, Brendan has made his home in Orlando since 2005. He is married and resides with his wife and two children in College Park, Orlando.
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable G. Kendall Sharp, U.S. District Judge, Middle District of Florida, 2005-2007
- Editor-in-Chief, Federal Circuit Bar Journal, 2004-2005
- 2008-2009 “Honors Edition” of Who’s Who Among Executive and Professionals
- Recognized as “Florida Legal Elite”, 2017 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized as a “Legal Elite Up & Comer” for 2009, 2014 and 2016 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized as a “Florida Rising Stars” 2012-2017 by Florida Super Lawyers
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Merit Award
- United Arts of Central Florida, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Orange County Teen Court Advisory Board, Past President
- Heart of Florida United Way, Education Cabinet
- Adult Literacy League, Past President of Board of Directors
- Legal Aid Society, Guardian ad Litem
- Central Florida Partnership, Young Professionals Advisory Council, 2009-2011
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- The Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee
- The Virginia Bar
- Association of Eminent Domain Professionals (AEDP)