Melody Lynch is a litigator and founding member of the firm’s Privacy, Cybersecurity and eDiscovery Group. Lynch focuses her legal practice on complex business litigation, banking litigation, probate & trust litigation, intellectual property litigation, privacy & eDiscovery, and labor & employment litigation. She has worked on matters involving a wide variety of business disputes, employment contracts, non-competition agreements, non-disclosure agreements and trade secrets. Her estate litigation practice focuses on matters involving wills, trusts, or guardianships.
A frequent author and lecturer on the topics of employment law, eDiscovery, workplace privacy, and technology, Melody assists clients in preparing document retention and destruction policies. She has litigated complex cases involving voluminous amounts of electronically stored information (ESI), designing review platforms and managing document preservation, collection, and production efforts through settlement or trial.
The court room isn’t the only stage on which Melody has appeared. Before pursuing her career in law, Melody attended college on a ballet scholarship and danced with a professional ballet company as an apprentice dancer. Lynch received her bachelor’s degree from Butler University, is a graduate of Stetson University College of Law and holds an M.B.A from Stetson University. She often calls on her educational background, augmented by experience, to counsel clients on complex business and employment matters. She has represented clients in the health care, environmental, hospitality, and banking industries, among others.
Additionally, Lynch is committed to the Central Florida community and has been awarded with the Legal Aid Society New Attorney Award of Excellence and the Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyer Pro Bono Award of Excellence. She holds positions on boards of several organizations, including the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. She also serves as President-Elect of the Orange County Bar Association Legal Aid Society Board of Directors and serves as a member of the Children’s Home Society Board of Directors. She is a Guardian ad Litem for the Legal Aid Society where she represents the interests of abused and neglected children.
- Orlando Business Journal “40 under 40,” 2016
- AFP National Philanthropy Day Emerging Leader, 2017
- Legal Aid Society New Attorney Award of Excellence, 2012
- Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyer Pro Bono Award of Excellence, 2011
- Recognized as a “Florida Rising Stars” by Florida Super Lawyers, 2010-2017
- Recognized as a Florida Legal Elite “Up & Comer,” by Florida TrendMagazine, 2011-2012, 2014 and 2016
- National Order of Barristers
- Federal Judicial Intern, Honorable Mark A. Pizzo, U.S., Magistrate Judge Middle District of Florida
- Anthony Battaglia Excellence in Leadership Award, Stetson University College of Law
- Moot Court Board, Stetson University College of Law
- Trial Team, Stetson University College of Law
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Merit Award
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, President-Elect, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Education Committee Co-Chair, Collective Bargaining Committee, 25th Anniversary Gala Committee
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, President, Board of Directors
- Children’s Home Society (Central Florida Region), Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, Targeted Donor Committee Chair
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, Recognition and Awards Committee, Co-Chair
- Frederick Leadership Initiative, Past Chair
- Leadership Orlando, Class 94
- College Park Methodist Church, Child Development Center, Board of Directors
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Circle Member
- Central Florida Partnership, Young Professionals Advisory Council, 2009-2013
- United Arts of Central Florida, SmARTboards Graduate
- Lake Highland Preparatory School, Board of Visitors, 2008-2010
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Federal Bar Association, Orlando Chapter, Board of Directors, Vice President of Programs (2013-2015)
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association, Bench Bar Board of Directors
- Stetson Lawyers Association Advisory Council