Alex Dobrev is a Shareholder and chairs the firm’s Multifamily & Condominium Group. He also serves as the Vice-Chair of the Condominium & Planned Development Committee of the Florida Bar, as well as its legislative Chair.
Since the recession, Alex has focused a substantial portion of his practice on distressed properties acquisitions, operations and dispositions. In the context of “broken” or “fractured” condominium projects in particular, he often works with lenders, bulk investors, and receivers, in order to evaluate and implement exit strategies, including possible unwinding of the condominium regime, while identifying and minimizing potential successor developer liabilities and related risks.
In addition, Alex counsels clients regarding Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (ILSA) compliance matters, including full and partial exemptions from the Act and overall offering structure.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2014-2019
- 2018 Rising Star Award by the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Recognized as “Florida’s Legal Elite,” 2017 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized as a Florida Legal Elite “Up & Comer,” 2011-2012 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized as “Florida Super Lawyers” 2018 by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Recognized as “Florida Rising Stars” 2011 by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Orlando Business Journal’s 10 Businessmen to Watch 2010
- Highlighted in the Legal 500, 2010
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee
- American Cancer Society’s Tropical Night Gala, Board of Ambassadors
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Vice Chair and Legislative Chair, Condominium & Planned Development Committee of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Executive Council Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Board of Directors, NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Central Florida Chapter 2004-2010
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Meritas Leadership Institute 2011