Laura Walda is a shareholder in the firm’s commercial real estate practice area focusing on contract and lease negotiation and drafting, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, negotiation and structuring of credit facilities and review of title insurance matters. She also has experience in commercial litigation focusing on title insurance matters, landlord/tenant disputes and banking litigation.
- Lead counsel on the negotiation of joint venture agreements, development agreements and loan documents for multifamily development projects ranging from $35-$40 Million.
- Lead counsel on acquisitions of shopping centers and negotiations of leases for a national grocery chain.
- Lead real estate counsel on 12+ acre multi-use development project in downtown Orlando.
- Lead counsel on $105 Million, 12-site disposition of industrial sites located across the country.
- Co-counsel on $73.6 Million, 5-site disposition of retail villages located at nationally-known vacation venues.
- Co-counsel on $75 Million disposition of three (3) office buildings located in Texas and Florida.
- Led a team on 40+ single-site restaurant sale/leaseback transactions for a national restaurant chain.
- Co-counsel on the negotiation, structuring and closing of multiple $60 Million-plus “bet the company” credit facility negotiations on behalf of the borrower.
- Co-counsel on the negotiation of a complex property settlement agreement involving $350 Million worth of equity and real-property related assets.
- Governor’s Fellow, Governor of the State of Indiana, 2004-2005
- Young Lawyer Pro Bono Award of Excellence, Fall 2013
- Recognized as a Florida Legal Elite “Up & Comer,” 2017 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Recognized as a “Florida Rising Star” 2016-2018 by Florida Super Lawyers
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Merit Award
- CREW Orlando, Treasurer and Executive Board Member
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Volunteer for Taste of Winter Park and Member of Government Affairs Committee
- City of Winter Park, Planning and Zoning Board, 2017-2020
- City of Winter Park, Keep Winter Park Beautiful and Sustainable Board, 2011-2014
- Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden, Vice President and Member of the Board of Trustees
- Leadership Winter Park, Class XXV
- Legal Aid Society, Guardian Ad Litem
- 306 Foundation and Toolbox4Life, Volunteer
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law Alumni Board; Young Alumni Committee, Past-Chair
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association